20051214
Wednesday, December 14, 2005
im so in love with the movie Closer.. not just for jude law and natalie portman but also for all it tells.. i can watch it over and over again n still have something new to discover.
************************
ALICE: I'm waiting for you.
DAN: To do what?
ALICE: Leave me.
DAN: I'm not going to leave you! I totally love you, what is this?
ALICE: Please let me come. I want to be there for you. Are you ashamed of me?
DAN: Of course not. I told you, I want to be alone.
ALICE: Why?
DAN: To grieve. To think.
ALICE: I love you. Why won't you let me?
DAN: It's only a weekend.
ALICE: Why won't you let me love you?
____________________________
ALICE: You want to talk about art?
LARRY: I know it's vulgar to discuss the work at the opening of the work, but somebody's gotta do it.
LARRY: I'm serious. What do you think?
ALICE: It's a lie. It's a bunch of sad strangers photographed beautifully, and all the glittering assholes who appreciate art say it's beautiful 'cause that's what they want to see. But the people in the photos are sad, and alone, but the pictures make the world seem beautiful. So the exhibition's reassuring, which makes it a lie, and everyone loves a big fat lie.
____________________________
LARRY: I had a chat with young Alice.
ANNA: Fancy her?
LARRY: Of course. Not as much as you.
ANNA: Why not?
LARRY: You're a woman. She's a girl. She has the moronic beauty of youth, but she's sly.
ANNA: She seems open to me.
LARRY: Yeah, that's how she wants to seem. You forget you're dealing with a clinical observer of the human carnivore.
ANNA: Am I now?
LARRY: Oh, yes.
ANNA: Mmm. You seem more like the cat that got the cream. Stop licking yourself.
LARRY: That's the nastiest thing you've ever said to me.
ANNA: It's horrible. I'm sorry. Oh, I'm so sorry.
_______________________________
ALICE: I'm going.
DAN: I'm sorry.
ALICE: Irrelevant. What are you sorry for?
DAN: Everything.
ALICE: Why didn't you tell me before?
DAN: Cowardice.
DAN: Deception is brutal. I'm not pretending otherwise.
ALICE: How? How does it work? How do you do this to someone?
Dan tries to think of an excuse.
ALICE: Not good enough.
DAN: I fell in love with her, Alice.
ALICE: Oh, as if you had no choice? There's a moment, there's always a moment, "I can do this, I can give in to this, or I can resist it." And I don't know when your moment was, but I bet you there was one. I'm gone.
___________________________
ALICE: You won't. You'll miss me. No one will ever love you as much as I do. Why isn't love enough?
ALICE: I'm the one who leaves. I'm supposed to leave you. I'm the one who leaves.
___________________________
LARRY: No. Alice, tell me something true.
ALICE: Lying's the most fun a girl can have without taking her clothes off, but it's better if you do.
LARRY: You're cold. You're all cold at heart.
___________________________
DAN: I'm sorry. You misunderstand! I didn't mean to.
ALICE: Yes you did.
DAN: I love you!
ALICE: Where?!
DAN: What?!
ALICE: Show me! Where is this love? I... I can't see it, I can't touch it. I can't feel it. I can hear it. I can hear some words, but I can't do anything with your easy words. Whatever you say is too late.
dreamer in blue-` woke up